The three-day Curtain Up Broadway Festival celebrating all things Broadway and it officially wrapped up Sunday September 10 with the Curtain Up! LIVE from Broadway concert. The concert featured performances from of Broadway's favorite currently running shows, as well as a few previews from upcoming productions. Hosted by Eric McCormack, who can be seen on stage eight times a week in the comedy The Cottage.
The Curtain Up Festival—from partners Playbill, The Broadway League, and the Times Square Alliance—is presented by Prudential Financial with additional support from the NYC Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment, Music Performance Trust Fund, The Film Fund, Open Jar Studios, and Hotel Edison. The final concert was broadcast live on WABC.
In addition to performances, the concert included remarks from Charlotte St. Martin of the Broadway League, Susan Somersille Johnson of Prudential, Alex Birsh of Playbill, and Tom Harris of Times Square Alliance. The casts of Here Lies Love and Jaja’s African Hair Braiding were also on hand to introduce their shows to audiences.
Check out the complete set list below to see what show tunes were performed and who sang them!
- "Put Your Mind to It" from Back to the Future, performed by Casey Likes and Hugh Coles
- "Hit Me Baby One More Time" from & Juliet, performed by Rachel Webb
- "Hakuna Matata" from The Lion King, performed by Ben Jeffrey, Brandon A. McCall, and Fred Berman
- "Building Momenum" from How to Dance in Ohio, performed by Liam Pearce
- "When You're Good to Mama" from Chicago, performed by Lili Thomas
- "Friend Like Me" from Aladdin, performed by Caleb Barnett
- "Your Song" from Moulin Rouge, performed by Aaron Finley and Oyoyo Joi
- "Hey Little Songbird" and "When the Chips Are Down" from Hadestown, performed by Amelia Cormack, Brit West, Grace Yoo, Lindsey Hailes, Phillip Boykin
- "Darker Shade of Blue" from Some Like It Hot, performed by Adrianna Hicks
- "Skater Planet" from Kimberly Akimbo, performed by Colleen Fitzpatrick, Miguel Gil, Olivia Elease Hardy, Fernell Hogan, Michael Iskander, and Nina White
- "The Song That Goes Like This" from Spamalot, performed by Nik Walker and Leslie Kritzer
- "Baptize Me" from The Book of Mormon, performed by Cody Strand and Kim Exum
- "Harmony" from Harmony, performed by Sean Bell, Danny Kornfeld, Zal Owens, Eric Peters, Blake Roman, and Steven Telsey
- “Forever Blue Jeans/Sweet Caroline” from A Beautiful Noise, The Neil Diamond Musical, performed by Robyn Hurder, Nick Fradiani, Ninako Donville, Paige Faure, Kalonjee Gallimore, Samantha Gershman, Alex Hairston, Deandre Sevon, Tatiana Lofton, and MiMi Scardulla
- "Popular" from Wicked, performed by Hayley Podschun
- "Six" from SIX: The Musical, performed by Nasia Thomas, Khailia Wilcoxon, Kristina Leopold, Leandra Ellis-Gaston, Taylor Iman Jones, Zoe Jensen
See video highlights from the finale concert here, as part of the local ABC 7 news broadcast.
See photos from Curtain Up! LIVE in the gallery below.