Some of Broadway's brightest stars lit up the Hammerstein Ballroom stage April 3 for MCC Theater's annual Miscast concert. Each year Miscast proves to be one of the industry's favorite events, featuring Broadway stars performing songs from roles in which they might not be traditionally cast.
This year, Miscast23 honored Emmy, Grammy, and Tony nominee Vanessa Williams and MCC Youth Company alum Lianny Toval.
Check out the set list from the 2023 concert:
- "The Wizard and I" from Wicked, performed by Ben Platt
- "Corner of the Sky" from Pippin, performed by Lorna Courtney
- "I Could Have Danced All Night/Wouldn't It Be Loverly" from My Fair Lady, performed by Joy Woods (who filled in for Jordan Donica, who could not attend)
- "Man Up" from Book of Mormon, performed by Dylan Mulvaney
- "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas, performed by Jose Llana
- "If Ever I Would Leave You" from Camelot, performed by NaTasha Yvette Williams
- "Ladies Who Lunch" from Company, performed by Jordan E. Cooper
- "Who I'd Be" from Shrek, performed by Rachel Zegler
- "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserábles, performed by Eleri Ward
- "Heaven on Their Minds" from Jesus Christ Superstar, performed by LaChanze
- "The Phantom of the Opera" performed by Annaleigh Ashford (as Phantom) and Josh Groban (as Christine)
- "Crazy Rolling" from Moulin Rouge, performed by Bonnie Milligan
See Playbill's exclusive photos from Miscast23 below.
Funds raised from Miscast23 supports its Youth Company and in-school partnerships that serve New York City public high school students, as well as MCC’s literary development work with emerging playwrights and it's Off-Broadway season.
If you missed the concert in person, there's still another opportunity to see it. MCC is partnering with The League of Live Stream Theater to broadcast Miscast23 April 10 at 7 PM ET. Following the premiere, the broadcast will be available to view on-demand until April 16. Visit MCCTheater.org.